Monday 1 December 2014

Thanksgiving ... North Carolina Style

Our second American Thanksgiving, and and our second with the wonderful Clark Family in Rural hall, NC. I met Kristi about five years ago when I was randomly contacting Facebook people to gain support for the manuscript for my first novel. She became one of my most ardent supporters, and in 2010 we stayed with her and her parents in King, NC, and had an amazing Thanksgiving dinner with them and their extended family. Since then I've kept in touch with everyone via Facebook, so it was wonderful to reconnect in person again this year.

It has been mentioned about relative/friend catch ups I've posted about that I haven't posted any photos here of friends or family. That's because this blog is public. Out of respect for people's privacy I'm only posting photos of friends and family on my Facebook page, and tagging Mum so they appear on hers as well, rather than on this free-for-all blog. Pets, however, are open targets :)

On Amtrak from NYC to Greensboro, NC. Plenty of leg room for short people :)
 

Excuse me, I order the small size. That IS the small size!
AWESOME Thai in NC


Cats and boxes ... the most universal and consistent thing on the planet
Nearly 10,000 miles to see where my novels are produced ... and they were closed! I knew Thursday was Thanksgiving ... I didn't know everyone took Friday off as well. D'oh!


1 comment:

  1. Tough about the publisher, but still great pictures. The dog with Shirley looks ceramic (I'm sure it isn't). Cats...just gotta love 'em... :-)

    ReplyDelete